Stuffed bell peppers are a summertime must! If you have bell peppers in your garden this year, be sure to save this recipe for stuffed peppers! Unlike many stuffed pepper recipes, this one is meatless, so it’s a great vegetarian option. If your garden gives you small bell peppers, this would be a great side dish for brunch!
Bite of Delight is sharing this recipe with us today, because it’s too good not to spread around a little more! The wild rice is a great mix of sweet and savory, and the egg helps tie it all together. It cooks until the egg is just set, so the yolk is nice and runny, making a great sauce for the rice. This is an easy weeknight dish, but fancy enough to make for company!
- 4 cups water
- ½ cup sugar
- 4 medium peaches, quartered
- 2 Tbsp mint leaves
- 1 cup fresh lemon juice (about 3 large lemons)
- Add water and sugar to a large saucepan and bring to a boil.
- Add mint and peaches to sugar/water mix, reduce heat to med-low and let simmer for 5 minutes.
- Pour into a blender jar and remove the center of the lid, if possible (to allow steam to escape).
- Place a towel over the lid and blend on low for 25-30 seconds, or until smooth.
- Pour through a cheesecloth or fine mesh strainer into a pitcher. Discard the solids.
- Whisk in lemon juice and cool in fridge for at least 3 hours.