Zucchini chips are a healthy, delicious snack, and a simple way to use up some of that end of season zucchini when you have used what you can and your plants are still giving! It takes only a few minutes to prepare, and then has some hands-off time in the oven. Doesn’t get much simpler!
Wash and dry your zucchini, then slice thinly, about 1/8 ” thick. Line a cookie sheet with foil or parchment and lightly spray with olive oil. Place zucchini slices close together (but not touching) and lightly spray with olive oil.
Sprinkle lightly with sea salt. The zucchini will shrink as it dehydrates and the flavor will intensify, so don’t over-season your rounds. If you under-season them, you can always add more when they are done.
- Terra Cotta Pot (visit Western Gardens for the largest selection of sizes and designs)
- Aluminum Foil
- Charcoal Lighter Fluid
- Line terra cotta pot with aluminum foil.
- Fill pot with charcoal.
- Drizzle lighter fluid on top of charcoal.
- Stand to the side and light charcoal.
- When charcoal begins to turn white, start roasting!
- If you have a chimney-style charcoal starter, you can use that to start your briquettes. Transfer to your terra cotta fire pit when they begin to turn white.