If you are in a salad rut, including roasted vegetables is a great way to add color, texture, flavor and dimension…with minimal effort! Roasting vegetables is not just easy to do, but it also brings out a wonderful flavor that is surprisingly delicious when paired with fresh lettuce and a cooked egg.
Roasted veggies are perfection in this salad! It’s easy to throw all the veggies on the same pan, and then remove them as they are done roasting.
Roasted Vegetable Salad
- 2 red potatoes
- 1/2 bunch asparagus
- 2 cups broccoli florets
- avocado oil
- salt and pepper, freshly ground, to taste
- Parmesan cheese, to taste, optional
- 1 head romaine lettuce
- 2 eggs, cooked sunny-side up
- Preheat oven to 425.
- Wash and dry all vegetables. Dice potatoes into large (approx 1″) pieces. Place in a gallon size zip top bag, drizzle with 1-2 Tbsp avocado oil, then shake to coat. Place in a single layer on a foil-lined baking sheet. Repeat with asparagus and broccoli. Sprinkle with salt and pepper, and parmesan cheese, if desired. (We sprinkled just the potatoes with the cheese)
- Place veggies in the oven to roast. They will be done at different times, simply remove them as they are finished. Broccoli: 8-10 minutes, Asparagus: 10-12 minutes, Potatoes: 35 minutes.
- While the veggies are roasting, cut the lettuce and arrange on two dinner plates. Cook the eggs and set aside.
- When the veggies are done, arrange them over the lettuce and top with the egg. Sprinkle the egg with salt and pepper, if desired.
- Serve with your favorite dressing, such as our Avocado Cilantro Lime Dressing.
Latest posts by Becky (see all)
- Differences between Perennials and Annuals – What’s Best for My Garden? - May 5, 2017
- Compost and Amending Soil - February 23, 2016
- Cookie Butter Apple Dip - April 20, 2015