If you’re not quite ready to give up soup season, give this creamy potato soup a try. It’s my most requested soup recipe! And unlike most creamy soups, it is NOT made with cream! Which means you won’t have to worry about calories. Or you can eat more. I always opt for eating more!
Creamy Potato Soup
- 8 medium potatoes, peeled and quartered
- 1 large carrot, peeled and finely diced
- 1 stalk celery, finely diced
- 1 medium onion, finely diced
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 3 cups chicken broth
- 2 tsp salt
- 5 cups milk
- 6 Tbsp butter, melted
- 6 Tbsp flour
- 2 Tbsp parsley
- 2 tsp pepper
- 2 cups shredded cheddar cheese
- In a large saucepan, bring potatoes, carrot, celery, onion, garlic, chicken broth and salt to a boil.
- Reduce heat; cover and simmer until potatoes are just tender. Do not drain; mash slightly. Stir in milk.
- In a small bowl, blend butter, flour, parsley and pepper; stir into potato mixture. Cook and stir over medium heat until thickened and bubbly.
- Remove from heat; add cheese and stir until cheese is almost melted. Let soup stand for 5 minutes.
- Serve hot.
FOLLOW US on Facebook Instagram Pinterest Twitter Google+ YouTube