If you’re not quite ready to give up soup season, give this creamy potato soup a try. It’s my most requested soup recipe! And unlike most creamy soups, it is NOT made with cream! Which means you won’t have to worry about calories. Or you can eat more. I always opt for eating more!
Creamy Potato Soup
- 8 medium potatoes, peeled and quartered
- 1 large carrot, peeled and finely diced
- 1 stalk celery, finely diced
- 1 medium onion, finely diced
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 3 cups chicken broth
- 2 tsp salt
- 5 cups milk
- 6 Tbsp butter, melted
- 6 Tbsp flour
- 2 Tbsp parsley
- 2 tsp pepper
- 2 cups shredded cheddar cheese
- In a large saucepan, bring potatoes, carrot, celery, onion, garlic, chicken broth and salt to a boil.
- Reduce heat; cover and simmer until potatoes are just tender. Do not drain; mash slightly. Stir in milk.
- In a small bowl, blend butter, flour, parsley and pepper; stir into potato mixture. Cook and stir over medium heat until thickened and bubbly.
- Remove from heat; add cheese and stir until cheese is almost melted. Let soup stand for 5 minutes.
- Serve hot.
FOLLOW US on Facebook Instagram Pinterest Twitter Google+ YouTube
The following two tabs change content below.
Becky is a wife, mother, avid cook and novice gardener. She loves growing organic, wholesome food right in her backyard that she can transform into a delicious creation in her kitchen. When she's not growing or cooking food, she enjoys running half marathons, reading, and watching her children pull weeds in the garden.
Latest posts by Becky (see all)
- Differences between Perennials and Annuals – What’s Best for My Garden? - May 5, 2017
- Compost and Amending Soil - February 23, 2016
- Cookie Butter Apple Dip - April 20, 2015