Hi there, I’m so glad you stopped by!
Did you start your porch pot or window boxes early in the Spring? Are you ready to refresh your plants that may look a little past their prime, and get some warm-weather flowers in there? Then you’ve come to the right place! I’m sharing some of my favorites flowers to freshen up my pots.
This year I started my flower pots and window boxes early (you can see how my window boxes started here and how my pots started here). I loved finding plants and flowers that brightened up my porch while we still had unpredictable weather with snow and cold snaps.
Now that we’re in to summer, it’s time to add warm-weather plants to my pots and window boxes…plants that will do well in the heat of Utah summers.
I’m sharing 10 gorgeous flowers that do well in the heat and will really make your pots and window boxes stand out this summer!
Warm-Weather Plants for Porch Pots:
- Hawaiian Mahalo
- Bacopa Snowtopia White
- Million Bells
- Sweet Potato Vine (gorgeous for spilling over pots)
- Bidens (usually just comes in yellow, this year Western Gardens has it in red and orange too!)
Click NEXT for photos of each of these flowers, so you can see what they look like before you go to the nursery!
Latest posts by Jenn Crookston (see all)
- National Sneak Some Zucchini Onto Your Neighbor’s Porch Day - August 5, 2017
- Fresh From The Garden Gift Tags - July 12, 2017
- Homemade Ketchup Recipe - June 5, 2017