Snail Beer Trap
- 2 disposable plastic cups
- an old pencil
- a can of beer OR DIY Yeast Snail Bait
- DIY Yeast Snail Bait:
- 1 Tbsp of flour
- 1 tsp of sugar
- 1 tsp of yeast
- 2 cups of water
- Dig a hole to fit one of the cups in your vegetable or flower garden, near your plants.
- Place one cup inside the hole, making it level with the ground, so the snails don't have to climb far.
- Carefully poke 4 drainage holes in the bottom of the remaining cup. Poke two more holes near the top, just under the lip, for the pencil to go through. This will ensure a gap between the cups so you can easily remove the top one to dispose of the snails the next morning.
- Place the cup with the holes and pencil inside the cup buried in the ground.
- Pour the beer or DIY Yeast Snail Bait inside the cup, leaving about an inch of headspace. The snails will climb down into the cup, and drown in the beer.
The following two tabs change content below.
Kirsten is one of three sisters who blogs at The Kusi Life. Kusi means happy in Quechua and the Kusi Life sisters highlight happiness in the everyday through recipes, DIY, tutorials, book reviews, and more. Come follow along and learn how to See the Happy in your everyday!
Latest posts by Kirsten (see all)
- 3 Ways to Get Rid of Snails - July 10, 2016
- 5 Reasons You Need Drip Irrigation - July 5, 2016
- 9 Plants you need for your Salsa Garden - May 14, 2016
Pages: Page 1 Page 2