DIY Solar Lantern
- empty small-mouth mason jar or other small decorative jar
- inexpensive solar yard light
- canning jar ring (optional)
- hot glue
- Remove the lid/ring from your small jar.
- Remove the solar light unit from the inexpensive solar light. Recycle the rest of the solar light or reserve for another project.
- Place the solar light unit (with solar cells facing up) on/into the top of the jar opening. Secure with hot glue.
- If desired, place a canning ring on top of the jar (around the solar light) and secure with hot glue.
- Place solar lights in your yard, they look great sitting on the porch or hanging from a shepherd’s hook!
Click NEXT to get the printable instructions!
The following two tabs change content below.
Seven years ago Heather began a blog that eventually grew to be a successful review website for parents. The website continues on today under separate leadership. For the past several years Heather's primary focus has been her family, but she has continued to work in the industry as a freelance writer. Heather enjoys yard work for a very simple reason. Yard work produces visible, tangible results. With four kids at home, there isn't much in her messy, busy life that can do the same!
Latest posts by Heather Leister (see all)
- Celebrate the Potato in September - September 2, 2017
- Five Green Veggies for Fall Gardens - July 28, 2017
- Vegetables to Plant in July and August in Your Garden - July 20, 2017